FormJoy is a product owned by SupporterBase (‘SupporterBase Inc’). SupporterBase respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and their supporters.
This privacy statement sets out the way we collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information.
By visiting our website, web applications, applying for employment with us, contracting our services, or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you consent to your personal information (including your sensitive information) being collected, used and disclosed as set out in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement is available online and hard copies are available free of charge on reasonable request.
For further information on how FormJoy complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can review our GDPR resources.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or complaints about what is explained here or about our privacy practices, please let us know. We will do our best to address and resolve any issues you have.
You can contact us by sending an e-mail to our Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information we collect
- We collect information about clients, employees, contractors, job applicants and other people with whom SupporterBase or a third party has contact with in connection with SupporterBase’s activities.
- The personal information which we collect and hold generally includes your name, address, date of birth and contact details (such as your phone number, fax number and email address), payment card details, and other information about you such as your supporters use of our tools. We also use “cookies” to track visits to our website; you can usually disable cookies in your internet browser settings.
Information we do NOT collect
- We do NOT collect information of individual supporters that is stored in your database with NationBuilder or any other platform.
- We do NOT collect personal information from individual end-users of our web applications.
- We do review the metadata of engagement with pages that we build and service, where appropriate. For example, in the course of your engagement with us, we might collect information about how your supporters engage with your website or connected applications. We do NOT collect their personal details. This is because we are curious about what works for engaging supporters and we want to be able to deliver you the best possible product, always.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information you provide to us directly, for example, in person, over the phone, by email, via our website or through starting an account with one of our web-based apps. We may also collect your personal information through the use of commercial service providers who, for example, might serve as a payment processor on our behalf.
We will only collect information by lawful and fair means, and when possible we will always collect personal information from your directly. If it is not reasonable or practicable to collect it directly from you, we will take steps to make you aware that your information has been collected.
Use of personal information
We will use your information as you would expect. We only collect personal information about you if that information is necessary for any of the following purposes:
- seeking and servicing clients
- research of relevance to clients
- measuring the effectiveness of our products
- improving our website
- recruiting staff
- responding to your comments or questions and receiving feedback
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information.
We will only collect your personal information when the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities as set out above.
We (and our service providers) sometimes use overseas or cloud storage facilities, but this does not change our commitment to safeguard your privacy.
Disclosure of personal information
Any personal information you provide to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to companies who provide services on our behalf, such as mail, database, telephone, digital services, audit, professional advice, payment processing and research services.
We expect our service providers to also look after your information carefully. We have confidentiality agreements in place with many of our service providers and external agencies, and with staff who handle personal information that we provide to them. We will only disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was initially collected, other directly related purposes or purposes to which you otherwise consent.
Other than as stated above we will we not share your personal information. However, it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personal information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency's request.
Keeping your information secure
We take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To help us, please advise us of any changes to your personal information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information.
We will also take commercially reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference (including computer attacks) and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
If we no longer need your information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it (unless we are required to retain it by law or a court/tribunal order).
Access and correction
We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will notify you of the basis for any denial of access to your personal information.
To request access to your personal information or, if you wish to update or correct your personal information, please contact us via the contact details provided on this page.
Our Privacy Statement and Policy will be reviewed regularly and updated as necessary from time to time. Please review this Privacy Statement periodically for changes.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in August 2020.